To the PR Gods up there in the always blue skies
All knowing Creators (take your pick), please please please don't forget I have a presser on Tuesday morning. It is a good news conference at the Science Centre in Toronto; it is all about the coming Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival. You know, new programmes, new supporters, exciting events and of course calypso singing, pan music and lotsa people in Mas costumes.
It should be a winner, a lot of positive RSVPs so far. But you know it has been a strange news week here in the Big Smoke, and I am going to need some Divine Intervention to keep the media's eyes on my PR fries! So:
- Please make Rob Ford keep off CFRB and stay at his cottage until after the last costume has been shown.
- Please make sure no more Somalian drug dealers offer to sell any more cell phone videos until after the steel pans have been loaded back onto the truck.
- Please make sure Premier Wynn doesn't fire anyone until the last Calypso song has been sung.
- Please make sure Stephen Harper doesn't decide to talk to the media about Mike Duffy until he is in South America on Wednesday.
- Please make sure Stephen Harper doesn't decide to talk about today departure of Nigel Wright (the $90,000 cheque writing chief of staff) until he is in South America on Wednesday.
- Please don't let Andrea Horwath force an election on Tuesday (or for that matter not until after our parade is over )